Chimney fire at the Swan in Thornbury
A CHIMNEY fire broke out at the Swan in Thornbury yesterday afternoon filling the pub with thick smoke.
Fire crews were called to the High Street inn at 5.25pm, after reports of a fire.
They used special equipment to put out the flames. They were at the scene for 25 minutes.
Emergency services said the fire was accidental. No-one was injured and no major damage was caused to the inn.
A Swan spokesman told the Gazette the pub did not have to be evacuated.
He said: "Everything is fine. There is no damage at all."
Comments are closed on this article.