Chimney fire at the Swan in Thornbury

First published in News by

A CHIMNEY fire broke out at the Swan in Thornbury yesterday afternoon filling the pub with thick smoke.

Fire crews were called to the High Street inn at 5.25pm, after reports of a fire.

They used special equipment to put out the flames. They were at the scene for 25 minutes.

Emergency services said the fire was accidental. No-one was injured and no major damage was caused to the inn.

A Swan spokesman told the Gazette the pub did not have to be evacuated.

He said: "Everything is fine. There is no damage at all."

Comments (1)

Please log in to enable comment sorting

10:40pm Thu 6 Dec 12

jamestbeale says...

If the pub filled with thick smoke how come nobody was evacuated?
If the pub filled with thick smoke how come nobody was evacuated? jamestbeale
  • Score: 0

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree