Cats found dead after house fire in Cromhall

First published in News by

TWO cats were killed in a house fire in Cromhall yesterday morning.

Firefighters from Avon Fire & Rescue and Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue were called to reports of a fire in the kitchen of a Bristol Road home at 9.35am.

Once on scene crews found smoke coming from the ground floor. As the occupiers were out, they forced entry to the house.

During their search of the kitchen they discovered the bodies of two cats which had died from smoke inhalation.

High-pressure hose reels and a jet were used to put out the flames.

It is believed the fire started accidentally in the oil boiler.

The doors to the kitchen had been closed at the time which prevented the fire and smoke from spreading to the rest of the house.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree