Chimney fire in Southend near North Nibley
FIREFIGHTERS were tackling a chimney fire for three hours at a home in Southend.
At around 11pm, on Wednesday, January 9, a fire engine from Wotton-under-Edge Fire Station attended the fire in the village near North Nibley.
The crew of six were delayed in dealing with the incident due to the complicated nature and old style of the chimney according to a Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue spokesperson.
Due to increased popularity of solid fuel heating, Gloucestershire Fire and Rescue Service attends a significant number of chimney fires every year.
The service is urging people to follow their safety advice to prevent a chimney fire happening at their own home.
For more information, visit: www.glosfire.gov.uk/ysafety_h_chimney.html