Avon Fire and Rescue Service issue warning after chimney fire in Chipping Sodbury
FIRE crews were called to a house in Chipping Sodbury where a chimney was ablaze yesterday.
Firefighters from Yate and Patchway arrived at the property, on Horse Street, at 5.25pm on January 23.
They used a chimney fire kit, containing a number of long rods which they were able to extend up into the chimney, to put out the fire.
Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesman James Bladon said: “They also used a thermal imaging camera to make sure the fire was completely out.
“They were on the scene for around an hour and a half.”
The cause of the fire was accidental.
The fire service is warning homeowners to take heed of its winter safety advice after several chimney fires in the area this week.
Residents with open fires are urged to always use a fire guard to protect against flying sparks and hot embers, make sure embers are under control and properly put out at night and to ensure chimneys and flues are kept clean and well maintained.
Comments are closed on this article.