Firefighters rescue cat from Chipping Sodbury house where washing machine blaze broke out

First published in News
Last updated
Gazette Series: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter covering Yate, Chipping Sodbury, Winterbourne, Frampton Cotterell, Rangeworthy, Wickwar, Hawkesbury, Iron Acton, Coalpit Heath and Old Sodbury

TWO fire crews rescued a cat from a house in Chipping Sodbury last night after a washing machine sparked a blaze.

Firefighters from Yate and Thornbury stations attended the blaze, at a house in Mallard Close, at 8.07pm.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesman Darren Bane said the small fire was started accidentally.

He said: “Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus entered the property and used a high pressure hose reel to put out the fire which had started accidentally.

“A positive pressure ventilation fan was also used to clear smoke from the property and a cat was rescued by the fire service.”

Crews were on the scene for around half an hour.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree