Campervan catches fire on the M5 near Falfield
A CAMPERVAN went up in flames on the motorway near Falfield, forcing emergency services to shut the carriageway for more than hour.
Firefighters and police were called to the M5 southbound between junction 14 and 15 after reports of a van on fire in the middle lane at around 4.15pm on Saturday, August 10.
No-one was injured.
It is believed the fire started accidentally, probably due to a mechanical fault or caused by the engine overheating.
Four firefighters wearing breathing masks sprayed 30 litres of foam on the vehicle to quench the flames.
All three lanes of the carriageway were shut. They reopened shortly after 5.15pm.
Comments are closed on this article.