Two adults and five children escape tumble dryer fire in Pucklechurch unharmed
FIVE children were evacuated from their home in Pucklechurch after a fire broke out in the early hours of this morning.
The children, aged between seven months and 11, were led to safety before fire crews arrived at 12.36am.
The blaze broke out after a tumble dryer caught fire in the utility room of a property in Becket Court.
Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesman James Bladon said: “Crews arrived and found the occupants of the house, two adults and five children, had all evacuated the property.
“Two crews in breathing apparatus entered the property to deal with the fire which was in the ground floor utility room and adjoining kitchen. High pressure hose reels were used initially and jets to bring the fire under control, which caused damage to the utility room and kitchen and smoke logging throughout the property.”
He said a female adult and the five children were all taken to hospital as a precautionary measure.
“Fortunately the two adults were awake at the time and were alerted to the fire by a smoke alarm and were able to evacuate themselves and the five children,” added Mr Bladon.
“An ambulance was called and the female adult and five children were taken to the hospital as a precaution for the possible effects of smoke inhalation.”
Comments are closed on this article.