Fire warning after pan is left on a stove at Cribbs Causeway

Gazette Series: Fire warning after pan is left on a stove at Cribbs Causeway Fire warning after pan is left on a stove at Cribbs Causeway

AVON Fire and Rescue Service has issued a warning to homeowners after crews had to break into a flat after the owners had gone out leaving a pan on the hob.

A neighbour alerted emergency services after hearing the property’s fire alarm had been activated at Charlton Hayes at Cribbs Causeway.

Fire service spokesman James Bladon said: “Crews from Southmead and Avonmouth attended and forced entry into the flat where the alarm was activating.

“They found a small fire in the kitchen due to a pan being left on the hob.

“Crews removed the pan. No firefighting equipment was used but a positive ventilation fan was used to clear smoke from the property.”

He said 50 per cent of fires the service attends start in kitchens.

“We advise people to take particular care and ensure cooking is never left unattended and the hob is always switched off.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree