Changes to Christmas bin collections in South Gloucestershire
BIN collections in South Gloucestershire will be altered over the Christmas period.
There will be no collections, of rubbish or recycling, on Christmas Day, Boxing Day, or New Year’s Day.
Householders should then expect their bins to be emptied a day later than normal until Monday, January 13 when collections are scheduled to return to normal.
Teams will make extra collections over the fortnight of festivities but residents should expect the following changes:
- Monday collections will be made as normal on December 23 but the week after will be on Tuesday, December 31, then Tuesday, January 7.
- Tuesday collections will be made as normal on December 24 but the week after will be on Thursday, January 2, then Wednesday, January 8.
- Wednesday collections will take place on Friday, December 27, Friday, January 3, and Thursday, January 9.
- Thursday collection days are Saturday, December 28, Saturday, January 4 and Friday, January 10.
- Friday collection days are Monday, December 30, Monday, January 6 and Saturday, January 11.
South Gloucestershire Council is advising residents to cut up their Christmas trees after use and put them in their green bins. Alternatively, they can also be recycled at all South Gloucestershire Sort It Centres.
Comments are closed on this article.