Microwave fire in Thornbury during strike action

Gazette Series: Microwave fire in Thornbuy during strike action Microwave fire in Thornbuy during strike action

A MICROWAVE caught on fire in a block of flats in Thornbury on Christmas Eve.

Firefighters were called to a flat on Midland Way just after 8pm but were not required to carry out a rescue.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokesman James Bladon said: “A small fire, which had involved a microwave, was out when crews arrived.

“It was recorded as accidental ignition. No firefighting equipment was needed and there were no injuries.”

The incident happened during a period of industrial action. Firefighters went on strike for five hours from 7pm on 24 December until midnight on Christmas Day. The action is part of an ongoing national dispute with the government over pensions.

Further strike action is due to take place between 6.30pm on Tuesday, December 31 and 00.30am on New Year’s Day and for two hours on Friday, January 3 between 6.30am and 8.30am.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

click2find

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree