Firefighters attend blaze in ground floor shop

Firefighters attend blaze in ground floor shop

Firefighters attend blaze in ground floor shop

First published in News Gazette Series: Photograph of the Author by , reporter covering Yate, Chipping Sodbury, Winterbourne, Frampton Cotterell, Rangeworthy, Wickwar, Hawkesbury, Iron Acton, Coalpit Heath and Old Sodbury

YATE firefighters have helped to put out a blaze at a shop.

A crew from Yate was one of four to attend the ground floor shop on Fishponds Road, Fishponds just after 9pm last night.

The fire had caused heavy smoke logging to flats above and the neighbouring property.

A spokesman for Avon Fire and Rescue Service said: "When crews arrived they could see smoke issuing from the shop and had to use cutting equipment to access the premises due to the metal roller shutters.

"Once inside six firefighters wearing breathing apparatus searched the premises and the neighbouring property.

"Two people in a flat above the shop next door were evacuated and unharmed."

Firefighters tackled the fire using four CO2 extinguishers, a 45mm jet and two high pressure hose reels.

It’s thought the fire started accidentally after a fault with the electricity supply.

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree