Chimney fire in Chipping Sodbury prompts soot warning

Chimney fire in Chipping Sodbury prompts soot warning

Chimney fire in Chipping Sodbury prompts soot warning

First published in News by

FIRE crews were called to a chimney on fire in Chipping Sodbury last night.

It happened at a property in Cotswold Lane at 11.34pm.

A crew from Yate attended the fire and used a thermal imaging camera to locate the blaze. Firefighters then utilised a half kit, chimney rods and a stirrup pump to put out the fire, which is thought to have been started accidentally.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service spokeswoman Stephanie Mounsey said: “We would like to remind residents and businesses to make sure chimneys are swept regularly. A build up of soot can cause a fire.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree