Firefighters deal with smoke-filled home in Sharpness

Firefighters deal with smoke-filled home in Sharpness

Firefighters deal with smoke-filled home in Sharpness

First published in News
Last updated

TWO fire engines were called to a chimney fire in Sharpness at the weekend.

At around 3pm on Sunday, April 27, firefighters fromDursley and Wotton-under-Edge fire stations were called to a chimney fire at a home in Sharpness where crews spent 90 minutes dealing with the fire as the house was heavily filled with smoke.

The crews used chimney rods and two sets of breathing apparatus to deal with the incident.

Due to increased popularity of solid fuel heating, Gloucestershire Fire & Rescue Service attends a significant number of chimney fires every year.

It has issued safety advice on its website www.glosfire.gov.uk to prevent this from happening in your home.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree