Chimney warning after fire in Badminton

Chimney warning after fire in Badminton

Chimney warning after fire in Badminton

First published in News by

FIREFIGHTERS from Yate put out a chimney fire last night, prompting calls for homeowners to take more care.

One crew from Yate Fire Station was called to a property in High Street, Badminton at 8.30pm to the fire in the chimney of the house.

They used a half kit, consisting of stirrup pumps and roads, to put out the blaze. They also carried out a home safety check at the house and fitted a smoke alarm.

Stephanie Mounsey, spokeswoman for Avon Fire and Rescue Service, said: “We would like to remind homeowners to have their chimneys swept regularly as a build up of soot and debris can cause a fire.”

For further fire safety advice visit www.avonfire.gov.uk

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree