Fire prevented in Yate restaurant

First published in News

FIRE crews dealt with a fire involving a washing machine at a restaurant.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service were called out to a restaurant in North Parade, Yate, at 12.15am on Tuesday, August 26, to deal with a fire that a broken out in a washing machine.

The fire was contained to the appliance, and a man who suffered minor burns to his hand was given first aid by the crews.

Two firefighters in breathing apparatus used a high pressure hose reel to extinguish the fire. A thermal imaging camera was used after the fire was extinguished to check for hotspots.

It is believed the fire started accidentally.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service have responded to 116 incidents involving electrical appliances like washing machines, dryers and dishwashers since April 2006.

They would like to remind the public to take care when using electrical appliances.

A spokesperson said: “Our advice is always not to leave appliances on when you leave the property, and never leave them on overnight, as there is quite a risk involved.”

Comments

Post a comment

Remember you are personally responsible for what you post on this site and must abide by our site terms. Do not post anything that is false, abusive or malicious. If you wish to complain, please use the ‘report this post’ link.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree