A DURSLEY man who 'cuddled and kissed' a woman in a pub and then assaulted her boyfriend has failed to obey the terms of his punishment, a judge heard.
Last October Michael Trinder, 24, of Severn Road, Woodfields, was given
a 42 week suspended jail sentence and ordered to do 120 hours of
unpaid work after he admitted inflicting grievous bodily harm on Wayne
He was back before Gloucester Crown Court to admit that he failed to turn up for unpaid work sessions on December 12 and January 9 without good excuse.
Prosecutor Tim Hills said that Trinder did not show up for work in
Stroud on December 12 having been told the previous day that there would
be no free transport and he would have to find his own way there.
On January 9 Trinder's mother rang to say he was ill in bed - but no medical note was ever supplied.
Judge Jamie Tabor QC said it sounded like a case of 'man flu.'
Probation officer Sian Worrall told the court "He is as fit as a butcher's dog and he has not seen a doctor for years!"
Mr Hills said that so far, in two and a half months, Trinder has done 37 hours of his unpaid work.
But the probation service was still willing to work with him to give him a chance to comply and complete the order, he said. He suggested that Trinder be punished with extra work hours and a bill for costs.
Steve Young, for Trinder, said he was benefiting from the education and training part of the court order, which has involved him taking a health and safety course and studying for a maths exam.
Trinder wanted to go into business on his own account and was being
helped by his grandfather, who had run a printing business and was willing to give financial assistance, he added.
Mr Young said the breaches were due to Young not fully understanding
that missing work appointments was taken very seriously by the court.
Judge Tabor punished Trinder for the breach by sentencing him to do
another ten hours of unpaid work and he also ordered him to pay £60
costs. He warned him that if he breached again he would be going to
prison to serve the suspended sentence.