Avon Fire and Rescue Service treat man for smoke inhalation in Chipping Sodbury pub fire

First published in Yate and Sodbury News
Last updated
Gazette Series: Photograph of the Author by , Reporter covering Yate, Chipping Sodbury, Winterbourne, Frampton Cotterell, Rangeworthy, Wickwar, Hawkesbury, Iron Acton, Coalpit Heath and Old Sodbury

A MAN was treated for smoke inhalation after a fire broke out at a Chipping Sodbury pub last night.

Two fire crews were called to the Royal Oak, on Broad Street, at 4.25am.

The blaze had started in the kitchen of the premises and is believed to have been accidental.

Avon Fire and Rescue Service sent two crews from Yate Fire Station.

Spokesman Darren Bane said: “Two crews responded to reports of a fire which was accidentally started in the kitchen of a public house.

“Four firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used two high-pressure hose reels and two hand-held extinguishers to put out the fire.

“A positive pressure ventilation fan was used to help clear smoke from the property.

“One man was suffering from the effects of smoke inhalation and was given oxygen therapy by fire crews before being handed over to ambulance staff, who took him to hospital.”

Comments

Comments are closed on this article.

Send us your news, pictures and videos

Most read stories

Local Info

Enter your postcode, town or place name

About cookies

We want you to enjoy your visit to our website. That's why we use cookies to enhance your experience. By staying on our website you agree to our use of cookies. Find out more about the cookies we use.

I agree