AARON Nash converted a stoppage-time penalty to grab a dramatic derby point for Dursley and prevent rivals Cam from climbing to the top of the league table.

The Bulldogs twice came from behind to take the lead with eight minutes to go, but were unable to hold on for a third victory of the season over their near neighbours.

Despite seeing two points snatched away from his team late on, Cam manager Simon Penny was philosophical about the outcome.

“A draw was a fair result,” he said. “I wasn’t happy with our performance, but we’ll take two wins and a draw against Dursley over the course of the season.”

Town counterpart Terry Stevenson agreed that both teams were worth their point, but rued the way his side surrendered the initiative after making a fine start.

He said: “We were the better side in the first half, but we gave away far too many free-kicks and let them back in. It was a very cool penalty from Aaron, though.”

Dursley did indeed make the better start, Martin Booth and Aaron Nash both forcing Bulldogs goalkeeper Ben Jagger into important stops inside the opening ten minutes.

However, there was no stopping Booth’s 21st-minute opener, a spectacular volley after Aaron Nash sped past Chris Lindsay and fizzed a ball across the six-yard box.

Cam equalised eight minutes before the break when Ash Caldwell found space on the right and crossed low for Adam Philp to apply a simple finish from close range.

The home side so nearly went back in front in first half injury time, but Aaron Nash’s brilliantly struck free-kick cannoned against the crossbar.

Nine minutes into the second half, though, Town forged ahead once again when Ian Lyon’s free-kick eventually ricocheted to Curtis Mills, who finished from close in.

In response, Josh Hill curled a 20-yard effort just wide before Philp forced Miles Palmer into a terrific save after letting fly from similar range.

Almost immediately came the pivotal moment, Mills racing into the penalty area to lash the ball beyond Jagger, only for the flag to be raised for offside.

Cam were soon level as Sean Bailey’s free-kick fell to Philp, who drove the ball across goal for Luke Morrissey to turn past Palmer.

Dursley boss Stevenson introduced Karl Nash and Matt Humphrey from the bench, but the move looked to have backfired eight minutes from time. Humphrey was penalised for a clumsy challenge on Sam Blackie inside the box and Philp converted from the spot to put the Bulldogs ahead for the first time.

Deep into injury-time, though, the referee spotted Aaron Booth pushing Karl Nash as he attacked a Mike Reece free-kick and Aaron Nash kept cool from 12 yards.

Dursley: M Palmer; S Hobbs (M Humphrey 75), S Miles, D McNally, M Reece; I Lyon, P Miles, C Dummelow (B Jones 90); Aaron Nash, M Booth (K Nash 73), C Mills.

Goals: Booth (21), Mills (54), A Nash (pen 90+3).

Cam: B Jagger; N Vines, S Bailey, C Lindsay, J Hemper; J Hill (J Mackie 77), A Caldwell, A Booth, S Blackie, L Morrissey; A Philp.

Goals: Philp (37 & pen 82), Morrissey (70).