Western League Premier Division

Slimbridge 4 Ilfracombe Town 0

SLIMBRIDGE recorded their third win against Ilfracombe Town this season.

Ilfracombe contributed to their own downfall by gifting the home side their first two goals, but this was a much-improved display from the Swans, and they fully deserved the margin of victory at the final whistle.

Danny Chandler's penalty put the Swans ahead with just five minutes on the clock before a howler from Ilfracombe keeper Kurtis Parkin left Sean Lawson with an open goal to double the lead on the hour.

Jack Twyman's superb strike added the third with seven minutes left, and there was still time for Dean Turner to round off the win with the last kick of the match.

The first real action of the first half saw the home side take the lead.

Jamie Martin's run in the Ilfracombe box was halted by a combination of Ian Cockwill and Gary Skinner, and referee John Law had no hesitation in pointing to the penalty spot.

Danny Chandler stepped up to convert the penalty with great confidence to give the home side the lift they needed.

Turner was unlucky when his effort following good work from Martin and Twyman just missed the target on 12 minutes

The hosts continued to dominate the play, and Chandler went close again with a header that forced a save from Parkin after Jack Rutter's long cross found the striker in space at the far post.

With 25 minutes gone, Martin's audacious long range lob cleared Parkin, but also the bar as the home side pressed for a second goal.

Twyman and Chandler then combined well to set up Paul Fahy, who slipped as he went to shoot, and another chance was lost.

Ilfracombe took the best part of half an hour to create their first decent chance, but Skinner's back post header went wide when he was well placed to hit the target.

Although Martin again went close after Twyman and Kyle Knott had combined well, Slimbridge failed to take advantage of their dominance, and went in at the break with just a single goal advantage.

The second period started well for the visitors. Josh Heafield scuffed his shot after Luke Evans had played him through into space in the Swans' box.

At the other end, Chandler's header from Callum Brown's free kick drifted just wide.

With an hour gone, Slimbridge doubled their advantage. Ilfracombe keeper Parkin made a serious hash of a back-pass, leaving Lawson to walk the ball into the empty net.

Ilfracombe went close again when Heafield's turn and shot saw his effort go wide.

Their best opportunity came on 65 minutes when good interplay between Steve Holland and Evans was halted by a superb Jack Rutter tackle.

Two goals in the last seven minutes clinched the win for the home side and Twyman's turn and volley from Turner's cross was certainly a candidate for goal of the season.

With the last kick of the match, Tuner nicked the ball off Mark Clunie and beat Parkin to register the fourth goal of the afternoon and complete a very satisfactory outing for the home side.

Slimbridge travel to Bitton on Tuesday night (7.30pm), before they host Longwell Green Sports on Thursday (7.45pm) and visitBishop Sutton on Saturday (3.07pm).

Slimbridge: Evans, Rutter, Brown, Sterling (Tunnicliff 63), Hoyle, Turner, Knott, Twyman, Chandler (Ward 60), Martin, Fahy (Lawson 55).

Goals: Chandler (Pen) 5, Lawson 60, Twyman 83, Turner 90.

Star man: Alex Hoyle.