Calor League Division One South & West

Clevedon Town 3 Yate Town 1

YATE Town’s seven-game unbeaten run was ended by Clevedon on Easter Monday.

The result ensured Rob Cousins’ side will finish the season with an away record of seven wins, seven draws and seven defeats, five of which have come in the last two months.

Nuno Felix, who started the season at Yate, went close early on when he fired narrowly wide before Michael Meaker did likewise at the other end.

Clevedon went ahead in the 11th minute when Felix crossed for Joe Teall to tap in.

Yate almost got quickly back on level terms when Mike Bryant shot over the bar but instead fell further behind on 17 minutes.

Felix again caused the defence problems as he went past Jake Cox before his low cross was converted by Teall via a deflection past Martin Horsell.

Cox had a long range effort well saved by James Dunn before Yate pulled a goal back on 31 minutes when Bryant released Lewis Haldane, who slid the ball past the onrushing goalkeeper.

Just before half-time Cox tested Dunn again, this time with a stinging free kick from 30 yards that was superbly tipped away.

Yate piled on the pressure in the second half with Bryant and Jake Jackson both missing chances.

However, Clevedon sealed the points with ten minutes remaining when substitute Isaac Reid latched onto Joe Swift’s superb pass, before skipping past Mitch Tippins and firing past Horsell.

Michael Meaker had a great chance to pull a goal back for Yate but scooped over from inside the six-yard box, and Luke Hall-Cousins almost made Clevedon’s margin of victory greater when he hit the outside of the post after a mazy run.

While Yate can no longer reach the play-offs, they could still have a major say in the promotion race this season as they face league leaders Cirencester Town in their final game of the season on Saturday.

The Centurions need just a point to secure the title, but the Bluebells will be looking to complete a double over them after winning 1-0 at the Corinium Stadium in December.