Didcot Town 4-0 Slimbridge

Slimbridge fell to another heavy defeat when they travelled to Didcot at the weekend.

The first chance of the game fell to the home side with Cameron McNeil’s shot being saved by Swans keeper Ollie Hall.

Slimbridge then had a really good 20 minute spell with Adam Mace firing wide from 35 yards and then Mike Bryant getting on to the end of a Mace through ball that was blocked by the home keeper Leigh Bedwell and defender Same Elkins.

Another well delivered through ball from Mace over the top of the home defence for Sean Lawson was headed away by the advancing Bedwell under pressure from Lawson. Joe Wilton’s shot from 25 yards out sailed over after some great interplay from new signing Jake Robinson, Alex Hoyle and Bryant.

The home side then took control with a number of dangerous corners before they put the ball into the back of the Swans’ net on 32 minutes, however this was ruled out for a foul in the box. A minute later Didcot took the lead through Marlon Agyakwa who slotted home after some good interplay down the right.

Didcot continued to press for the remainder of the half, with Hall called into action spilling a fierce David Murphy shot before a Rich Twaite block stopped Agyakwa getting his shot away on goal. Slimbridge then had two chances five minutes before half time, Lawson’s shot from Wilton’s cross was deflected wide for a corner then Hoyle’s header from the corner was pushed wide by Bedwell.

The second half started with Didcot on the front foot, Twaite again did well blocking a goal bound shot.

At the other end Korey Pring’s pin point pass found Mace whose shot was well saved by the home keeper. Murphy’s cross into the Swans’ box found the lively Felipe Barcelos but his shot was blocked for a corner.

Hall’s long clearance found Lawson in space and forced Bedwell into a low save under pressure from the chasing defence. On 56 minutes Didcot were awarded a dubious penalty when Hall was judged to have tripped Barcelos wide of the goal.

Hall however pulled off a fantastic save to his right to deny the home side a second goal. It wasn’t long before Barcelos finally got onto the score sheet tapping in from two yards after Hall had made another great save but could not hold on to the ball.

The home side dominated the last quarter of the game with Hall saving Elkins free kick and Seth Humphries firing wide from close range.

With five minutes remaining a Barcelos run down the right was pulled back for the on rushing Humphries to fire home from 20 yards to give the home side a three goal lead.

The final goal of the game came in stoppage time after yet another great save from Hall was tapped in this time by substitute Ollie Thomas.