Gloucestershire Northern Senior League Division One

Harrow Hill 2 Dursley Town 1

DURSLEY played some of their best football of the season at Harrow Hill but still collected a fourth consecutive away defeat to remain in the relegation mire.

The home side took a 15th-minute lead when Town’s Dan McNally failed to connect properly with a back-header and Matt Boseley pounced to lob Keith Watson.

However, the visitors were level on the half-hour when Jim Stevenson chased a through ball and pressured Harrow Hill’s Tom Burford into a spectacular own goal.

Ten minutes into the second half, Dursley’s Liam Jones crossed from the right for Ryan Stevenson to net with a looping header, but the goal was ruled out for pushing.

Nevertheless, Town continued to dominate at the start of the second period with Curtis Mills, Jim Stevenson and Carl Bailey all going close to a second goal.

The vital strike would not come, however, and Harrow Hill came on strong again, forcing Watson into several saves, including one from a 25-yard piledriver.

Fifteen minutes from time, though, Jones was harshly pulled up for a foul on the edge of the box and Matt Jackson gave Watson no chance with a stunning free-kick.

Dursley ought to have snatched a late equaliser, but Bruno Goncalves headed wide of the target with the goal at his mercy after Bailey’s excellent cross from the right.

Dursley: K Watson; L Jones, C Wilkins (S Hobbs 75), M Workman, D McNally; N Vines (A Forgione 85), J Stevenson, C Bailey, C Mills; R Stevenson, B Goncalves. Not Used: L Thomas.

Goals: own goal (30).

Stroud League Division Two

Stonehouse Town Res 2 Dursley Town Res 3

JACK Aldridge scored twice and Jamie Bennett came off the bench to grab the winner as Dursley took victory for only the third time this season.

Playing a team they lost 3-0 to only last month, the visitors established a two-goal lead at the interval thanks to a double from young forward Aldridge.

Stonehouse came out fighting after the break, though, and they soon drew level with a two-goal burst, including one from the penalty spot.

However, the visitors were not to be denied and Bennett arrived from the bench to lift Antony Nash’s side seven points clear of the relegation places.

Stroud League Division Five

Dursley Town 3rds 0 Old Richians Res 1

DURSLEY slipped to a 15th defeat in 18 games as they were unable to turn their superior possession and territory into goals against Old Richians at the Rec.

Ash Pearce, Mike Sims and Andy Haddon all had chances for the hosts, but they were unable to convert as the Gloucester side won with a goal on the half-hour.

* There was further disappointment for Robbie Cox’s side on Sunday when a strengthened squad lost their Stroud Charity Cup quarter-final in a penalty shoot-out.

Dursley established a 4-1 lead against visiting Trident in their Section D last-eight tie, but let the Gloucester side to fight back to 4-4 before going down 4-3 on penalties.

Mike Sims, Nathan Vines, Steve Hobbs and an own goal put the Stroud Five strugglers in charge, but the Division Six leaders soon pulled two goals back.

Trident equalised inside the last ten minutes after a penalty was given for a foul that looked to have been committed outside the box and they then won the shoot-out.