Gloucestershire Northern Senior League Division One

Hardwicke 2 Dursley Town 2

BEN Jones grabbed a late equaliser to earn patched-up Dursley a point at Hardwicke – although other results leave Town deep in relegation trouble.

Injuries to Chris Wilkins and Carl Bailey, plus a string of other absentees, meant Jamie Bennett, Ian Lyon and substitute Jones all came in from the wilderness.

Town were under the cosh for long periods, but took a 35th-minute lead when Nathan Vines’ terrific free-kick delivery was converted by Bruno Goncalves.

Keith Watson had already made a couple of saves by that point and the Dursley goalkeeper made an even better stop on the stroke of half-time.

Hardwicke enjoyed a period of dominance at the start of the second half and levelled when a ball over the top of the defence was lobbed over the advancing Watson.

Five minutes later, Watson stayed back when presented with a similar situation, but this time the ball was squared and the hosts took the lead with a simple tap-in.

The visitors gathered themselves, though, and equalised ten minutes from time when a Vines corner dropped for Jones and his shot went through the goalkeeper.

Watson saved with his feet to keep Dursley on level terms and the away side were denied a winner when Matt Workman’s flick from a corner was kicked off the line.

Dursley: K Watson; S Hobbs, I Lyon, M Workman, D McNally; A Forgione (B Jones 70), J Stevenson, C Mills, N Vines; B Goncalves, J Bennett. Not Used: C Dolbear.

Goals: Goncalves (35), Jones (80).

* Dursley host Ruardean Hill Rangers at the Rec on Saturday (3pm).

Stroud League Division Five

Cotswold Rangers 3 Dursley Town 3rds 1

FORMER Dursley striker Joel Stoneman put Cotswold Rangers on their way to victory over Robbie Cox’s strugglers in the visitors’ penultimate match of the season.

Stoneman slotted a tenth-minute opener, although it was soon cancelled out as Ash Pearce converted from close in after Andy Haddon beat the goalkeeper to the ball.

However, Rangers retook the lead ten minutes before half-time when Dave Iles’ free-kick took an awkward bounce to deceive Town goalkeeper Pete Dykes.

Haddon, Pearce and Del Clark all had chances for the visitors after the break, but the only goal of the second period came from the home side’s Simon Tandy.

Dursley: P Dykes; J Dolbear, D French, D Clark, N Hart; A Haddon, J Minett, A Pearce, J Aldridge; J Knight (R Cox 60), T Clark.

Goals: Pearce (20).