YATE Town’s five game winning run was brought to an end by an impressive Cinderford side at Lodge Road on Saturday.

Jake Cox gave the Bluebells a 15th minute lead but Cinderford were ahead 12 minutes later as Lewis Sommers capitalised on goalkeeper Martin Horsell’s error to score before George Lloyd was left in acres of space to tuck home.

A superb strike by Lewis Haldane on the hour put Yate back on level terms but Sommers completed his brace with a fine individual goal three minutes later to give the Foresters their sixth win in their last seven visits to Lodge Road.

While Cinderford’s physical approach unsettled Yate, they also played the more incisive football with runners from deep caused problems throughout and, in truth, they should have won by a more comfortable margin.

Horsell did well to tip the ball around the post after Dale Evans’ free kick from 25 yards bounced just in front of him on seven minutes.

One minute later Haldane set Yate on the attack with a fine crossfield pass and Sam Kamara found Mitch Tippins on the overlap with the right back’s cross taking a wicked deflection off Warren Archer and rolling agonisingly across goal.

The next cross from Tippins led to the opening goal with the ball falling kindly for opposite full back Cox to slam into the net after goalkeeper Alex Harris could only get an outstretched hand to it.

However, it was a mistake by Yate number one Horsell that led to Cinderford’s equaliser seven minutes later as he mis-kicked his clearance after receiving a back-pass from Bradley Abraham straight to giant striker Sommers, who fired into the gaping net from the edge of the box.

The goal rocked Yate and they were all over the place when Cinderford took the lead, Joe Tumelty laying the ball off for Lloyd to slide home from inside the box.

Tackles flew in from both sides and Yate struggled to find any rhythm as they went into the break trailing.

Horsell took a massive gamble when he raced out of his box 11 minutes into the second half but he managed to nick the ball off Tumelty, who otherwise would have had an open goal after beating the offside trap to get on the end of Sommers’ sumptuous pass.

With Yate struggling to create many chances manager Rob Cousins made a double substitution on 58 minutes, bringing James Harmer and Connor Clifford on for Sam Kamara and Ross Staley, while pushing Cox further up the pitch.

Two minutes later Yate equalised when Clifford played the ball down the line to Haldane, who beat Greg Lewis as he cut inside and showed his class by curling a beautiful shot into the bottom corner off the far post.

However, Cinderford responded quickly once again as Sommers muscled his way past several players to move into the box before blasting the ball into the roof of the net.

Cinderford created several chances to extend their lead with Clayton Green bringing a fine reaction save out of Horsell after full back Keiran Thomas had reached the byline with a good run and pulled the ball back to him, while Joe Chandler cleared Lloyd’s effort off the line and Yate were unable to find a way back into the game.

Yate Town: Horsell, Cox, Tippins, Chandler, Abraham, Kamara (Harmer, 58), Bryant (c), Jackson (Meaker, 78), Haldane, Staley (Clifford, 58). Subs not used: Dunn, Guest.

Ref: Mr Poynter.

Att: 217.

Gazette star man: Lewis Haldane – Wonderful goal.