highways englandNotice ID: MF0539753
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984 -SECTION 14(1)(a)
THE M1 MOTORWAYJJUNCTION 8) AND THE A414 TRUNK ROAD (HEMEL HEMPSTEAD TO ST ALBANS, HERTFORDSHIRE) (TEMPORARYPROHIBITION OF TRAFFIC) ORDER 202
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Highways England Company Limited(a) intends to make an Order on the M1 Motorway and the A414 trunk road in the County of Hertfordshireto enable the renewalofroad markings and road studs and routine maintenance works to be carried out in safety.
The works areexpected to take place over approximately 3weeks, (9pm-5am), starting on or after Monday 2March 2020, and would be carried out using acombination of carriageway and slip road closures. The effect of the Order would be to close, the -
* A414 eastbound carriageway from its diverge from the M1 J8 southbound entry slip road to Park Street Roundabout, St Albans - diverting traffic southbound to exit at M1 J6 then via A405 to Park Street Roundabout and continue,
* A414 eastbound link road to the M1 J8 southbound entry slip road,
* M1 southbound exit and entry slip roads at J8; including the road that links those slip roads,
* M1 northbound entry slip road, and, alternately,
* A414 westbound carriageway between Park Street Roundabout, St Albans and Breakspear WayRoundabout, Hemel Hempstead - diverting traffic via the A405, A41 and A414 to Breakspear Way Roundabout and continue,
* M1 southbound exit slip road, and
* M1 northbound exit and entry slip roads at J8; including the road that links those slip roads, diverting traffic to follow diversion as 1.3 above.
The closures (which would not apply to works, winter maintenance, emergency service or traffic officer vehicles) would be clearly indicated by traffic signs. The Order would come into force on 24 February 20 and may continue in force
until the works detailed above have been completed or for maximum duration of eighteen months, whichever is the earlier.
Mrs DMainstone, Highways England Company Limited
Registered in England and Walesunder company no. 9346363. Registered Office: Bridge House, Walnut Tree Close, Guildford, Surrey,GU1 4LZ.
General Enquiries relating to this notice may be made to Kelly MilburnatHighways England Company Limited, Woodlands, Manton Lane, Bedford, MK41 7LW, by telephoning 0300 470 4925 or email to