THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES' TRAFFIC ORDERS (PROCEDURE) (ENGLAND AND WALES) REGULATIONS 1996Notice ID: WR4255687
STROUD DISTRICT COUNCIL www- stroud- gov- uk
ROAD TRAFFIC REGULATION ACT 1984
THE LOCAL AUTHORITIES' TRAFFIC ORDERS (PROCEDURE) (ENGLAND AND WALES) REGULATIONS 1996
NOTICE OF PROPOSALS
STROUD DISTRICT COUNCIL (OFF-STREET PARKING PLACES) (CONSOLIDATION) ORDER 2010 (AS AMENDED) VARIATION ORDER 2018
NOTICE IS HEREBY GIVEN that Stroud District Council intends to make the above Order ("the Variation Order") which will vary the Stroud District Council (Off-Street Parking Places) (Consolidation) Order 2010 (As Amended) ("the 2010 Order") with the effect that:
I.The car park at Stratford Park, Stratford Road, Stroud shall be designated as an off-street parking place and pay and display charges shall be introduced as follows: £0.50 up to 1 hour, £0.80 up to 2 hours; £1.20 up to 3 hours; £2.00 up to 5 hours; £2.50 over 5 hours. Charging hours shall be 08:00 until 17:00 excluding Sundays and bank holidays. Season tickets shall be available at the following rates: 1 month-£43.00, 3 months - £127.00 and annual - £450.00. Parking shall be free for buses and coaches subject to a maximum stay of 2 hours.
2. Payanddisplaychargesshallbeintroducedintheoff-streetparkingplacesatBusStation, Old Market East, Old Market Lay-By and Old Market West Short Stay, Nailsworth; The Chipping Short Stay, Wotton-under-Edge; and Castle Street and Castle Street/ Parsonage Street, Dursley as follows: £0.50 up to 1 hour; £0.80 up to 2 hours; £1.20upto3 hours.Charginghoursshallbe08:00until17:00excludingSundaysand bankholidayssaveforatCastleStreet,DursleyandOldMarketEast,Nailsworth,where thecharginghoursshall be08:00until 15:00excludingSundaysand bankholidays.
3. Pay and display charges shall be introduced in the off-street parking places at Comrades, Newmarket Road and Old Market West Long Stay, Nailsworth; The Chipping Long Stay and Potters Pond, Wotton-under-Edge; and May Lane and
Water Street, Dursleyas follows: £0.50 up to 1 hour, £0.80 up to2 hours, £1.20
up to 3 hours, £2.00 up to 5 hours and £2.50 over 5 hours. Charging hours shall be08:00 until 17:00 excludingSundaysand bank holidayssaveforatPotters Pond, Wotton-under-Edge, where the charging hours shall be 08:00 until 15:00 excluding Sundays and bank holidays. Season tickets shall be available at the following rates: 1 month - £43.00, 3 months - £127.00 and annual - £450.00.
4. The charging hours of the off-street parking places at Painswick and Stonehouse
shall be varied to 08:00 until 15:00;
5. A new maximum stay period of 72 hours shall be introduced in the off-street parkingplaceatStonehouse and the followingscale ofchargesshall apply: £0.40up to 1 hour, £0.60 up to 2 hours, £1.10 up to 3 hours, £1.80 up to 5 hours, £2.50 up to 24 hours, £5.00 up to 48 hours and £7.50 up to 72 hours;
6. A new maximum stay period of 72 hours shall be introduced in the off-street parking place at Cheapside, Stroud and the following scale of charges shall apply:
£0.80 up to 1 hour, £1.40 up to 2 hours, £1.80 up to 3 hours, £2.10 up to 4
hours, £3.00 up to 24 hours, £6.00 up to 48 hours and £9.00 up to 72 hours;
7. All off-street parking places except for Stratford Park shall have a maximum gross vehicle weight of3,500kg;
8. Alterations are made to the boundaries of the off-street parking places at Church Street, Stroud and Newmarket Road and Old Market West, Nailsworth; and
9. Provision is made for payments by credit and debit card where appropriate machinery is installed, the use of electric vehicle charging points and to clarify the penalty charge regime.
Acopyofthis notice, together with acopyofthe Variation Order, the 2010 Order, all applicable plans and the report to committee setting out the reasons for the making of theVariation Ordermaybeviewedduringthehoursindicatedatthefollowinglocations:
Stroud District Council, Ebley Mill, Ebley Wharf, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL5 4UB Monday - Thursday 8.45am - 5pm, Friday 8.45am - 4.30pm
Stroud Subscription Rooms, George Street, Stroud, Gloucestershire, GL5 1AE Monday- Saturday10am - 5pm
Pulse Dursley, Castle Street, Dursley, Gloucestershire, GL11 4BS 6.30am - 9pm or online at:
Objections to the Variation Order and other representations should be sent to The Director of Customer Services, Stroud District Council, Ebley Mill, Ebley Wharf, Stroud, GL5 4UB or by e-mail to email@example.com and must be received by 4:00pm on 29th July 2018. All objections and other representations must be made in writing and must specify the grounds on which they are made.
Joanne Jordan Director of Customer Services