Chipping Sodbury was at a standstill, for a short amount of time, as firefighters took on a fire in the chimney of a much-loved pub.

Crews from Yate and Bath Fire Station attended the incident at the Royal Oak pub on the High Street on Wednesday.

On Twitter, Yate Fire Station said: "'Yate on Call' Worked with Yate's whole time and Bath's turntable ladder crews when we were called to a chimney fire in Chipping Sodbury.

"After some investigation the fire was extinguished with specialist equipment.

"Remember to get your Chimney Swept regularly."

The pub itself posted on their own Facebook page confirming nobody was injured in the incident.

"A slight fire in the chimney today," they said.

"No one is injured, we're open as normal and serving a selection of smoked meat dishes this evening.

"Our huge thanks to Avon Fire and Rescue.

"Exceptionally professional group and really nice set of lads."