Firefighters were called to a fire in Chipping Sodbury town centre.

Two fire engines were called to Broad Street just after 4pm yesterday. 

A spokesperson for Avon Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were called at 4.12pm to a property on fire on Broad Street, Chipping Sodbury. 

"Two crews from Yate attended the incident and found a fire involving paper boxes, rubbish and fence panels at the rear of the property.

"One firefighter wearing breathing apparatus used one high pressure hose reel to extinguish the fire. 

"The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental."

Reports suggest they were attending an incident at The Squire Inn.