Avon Fire and Rescue Service have confirmed that a fire broke out in a shop in Chipping Sodbury High Street. 

The incident took place in a shop, believed to be Cloud Nine, at 12:44pm this afternoon. 

One eye witness claimed they saw two fire engines in attendance. 

It is also believed that the fire was caused by a fault with a tumble dryer in a shop near Coffee #1 but this is unconfirmed. 

A spokesperson for Avon Fire and Rescue Service said: "We were called to an incident at 12:44pm of a fire on the first floor of a commerical building in Chipping Sodbury. 

"Crews from Yate and Kingswood attended. 

"They used breathing apparatus, a high pressure hose reel and a fan to extinguish the fire.

"It is not believed anyone was harmed during the blaze."