A Thornbury shed fire is believed to have started in a freezer.

Crews from Thornbury, Patchway and Southmead fire stations were called to Swallow Park on Friday evening.

The fire affected two butane cylinders and the boundary fence of the property but was quickly bright under control.

Firefighters used a high pressure hose reel jet and a main firefighting jet. A thermal imaging camera was used to monitor the temperature of the gas cylinders as they were cooled to make them safe.

Nobody was injured during the incident. The fire is believed to have started accidentally by an electrical fault in a freezer.