FOUR teenagers have been convicted of killing a 16-year-old boy during a dispute between rival groups.

Ramarni Crosby - who was from Frampton on Severn - was stabbed to death after being confronted by youths armed with a machete, meat cleaver and knives in Gloucester in December 2021.

CCTV footage taken from properties in the Barton area of the city showed Ramarni and his four friends running away, then the teenager slowing and collapsing in Stratton Road where he died a short time later.

After a two-month trial, Levi Cameron, 18, and two 16-year-old boys were convicted of Ramarni’s manslaughter by majority verdicts.

A fourth defendant, Callum Charles-Quebella, 18, had previously admitted manslaughter.

They were all acquitted of murder by a jury at Bristol Crown Court.

Four other defendants, Dean Smith, 20, and three 17-year-olds were all found not guilty of murder and manslaughter.

A ninth defendant, Keishaleigh Margrett-Whitter, 20, was acquitted of two charges of assisting an offender.

As the verdicts were returned, members of the public sat in court were visibly upset, while some of the defendants burst into tears.

During the trial, the court heard that the buildup and aftermath of the attack had been captured on CCTV cameras from nearby houses, but not the stabbing itself.

Adam Vaitilingam KC, prosecuting, previously told the jury: “The background to the stabbing was an ongoing rivalry between two Gloucester groups.

“In particular, there was a fight that had taken place about a week earlier involving one of these defendants and one of Ramarni’s friends.

“That fight hadn’t settled anything – there were still grievances bubbling away between them and more violence was very much on the cards.

“On the day of the killing, the two who had had the fight were in contact with each other again, in contact by phone, and arranging to meet in Gloucester.”

The court heard the defendants were part of a gang called GL1 and would wear purple bandanas as a sign of membership.

After the fatal attack, Cameron and the two 16-year-olds fled the scene and got a taxi to a nearby house, where CCTV cameras showed them acting out the incident – with their arms held up and moving downwards in stabbing motions.

They then “celebrated” the teenager’s death after being told he had died.

Ramarni, from Frampton-on-Severn, Gloucestershire, suffered several stab wounds to his back and a stab injury to his skull.

Trial judge Mrs Justice Cutts said she would sentence the four defendants on July 27 and remanded them into custody.

“I would want reports for all defendants,” she said.

“One of the matters I wished to be covered is the issue of dangerousness.”