FIREFIGHTERS battled a blaze in a home near Yate over the weekend. 

Crews attended the scene in a kitchen on Dawley Close in Winterbourne on Saturday, October 7 at around 10am. 

A spokesperson from Avon Fire & Rescue Service said: “Crews from Patchway and Yate were called to reports of a house fire at 9.54am 

“On arrival, crews found a fire on the ground floor affecting the kitchen.

“With two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus, crews used one hose reel jet and one safety jet to extinguish the fire. 

“Crews also used a positive pressure ventilation fan for smoke clearance. 

“The cause of the incident is thought to have been accidental ignition."