FIREFIGHTERS rushed to the scene of a blaze at allotments in Chipping Sodbury.

Two sheds caught on fire at the site in Trinity Lane at around 3.40pm yesterday, Monday, July 1.

A spokesperson from Avon Fire and Rescue said: “Crews from Yate and Kingswood were called to reports of two sheds on fire off Trinity Lane, Chipping Sodbury. 
“Firefighters used two hose reels to extinguish the blaze and wore breathing apparatus for safety. 
“The cause of the fire is thought to be accidental ignition.”

A spokesperson from Yate Fire Station said: “We were called to fire involving two sheds on an allotment site.

“Crews used two high-pressure hose reels to extinguish the fire and move a butane gas cylinder to a place of safety.

“We were then joined by a half a dozen friends, including a particularly inquisitive cow.”

Crews tackled the blaze at allotments in Chipping Sodbury  (Image: Yate Firefighters)

(Image: Yate Firefighters)