Doidge (26' minutes, 90'+2 minutes), Laird (89' minutes)


Moore-Taylor (57 ' minutes),Stockley (65' minutes, 90'+4 minutes)

A BONKERS FA Cup game saw three goals in six second-half minutes as Forest Green and Exeter City fought out a pulsating 3-3 draw in a tie which saw Rovers’ boss Mark Cooper sent to the stands in stoppage time.

Earlier, Welshman Doidge struck his 13th goal of the season with an ice-cool 26th minute finish, scoring for the sixth successive game.

The Grecians had come from behind to lead 2-1 until goals in the 89th from Scott Laird and a 92nd minute second from Doidge left Rovers in the driving seat before Jayden Stockley's last-gasp equaliser meant the west country rivals made it into Monday night’s third round draw and a potential shot at a Premier League big boy.

Rovers looked liked they had the cup tie in the bag thanks to marksman Doidge, who has plundered 32 goals in the calendar year, five more than the England captain Harry Kane.

Threadbare Rovers were without big-hitters Isaiah Osbourne, Drissa Traore, Keanu Marsh-Brown and Jack Fitzwater.

Exeter beat Rovers 3-1 in the league fixture back in August and it was nip and tuck in the opening exchanges.

Exeter’s Liam McAlinden met a Kane Wilson cross, but failed to get enough purchase. Rovers responded and forced Exeter keeper Christy Pym to drop on a Laird fizzer from the edge of the box and punching a Reece Brown free-kick out of the penalty box.

Rovers felt they had due claims for a penalty when Hiram Boateng appeared to handle a bouncing ball as Brown’s corner went through a plethora of bodies.

Rovers were head on 26 minutes when Brown’s defence-splitting pass from midfield allowed ace marksman Doidge to run through and finish with aplomb beyond the exposed Pym.

The Grecians replied – Stockley planting one header wide and another into Bradley Collins.

Boateng saw yellow on 40 minutes when catching Laird as tempers raised.

Rovers opened the second-half brightly. Brown was probing and his slide-rule pass saw Pym deny Doidge.

Dan Wishart curled wide and Luke James spanked a strike into Pym as Rovers hunted a second.

Paul Tisdale ushered former Forest Green loanee Ryan Harley on after 55 minutes and two minutes later and the Grecians were level. LIoyd James picked out Moore-Taylor who planted a crisp header beyond Brad Collins.

It was game on. Wishart drove forward but Doidge headed wide from Omar Bugiel’s driven cross.

Rovers were found wanting as their dislike of defending crosses was again evident when Exeter grabbed the lead for the first time in the match after 65 minutes. Boateng easily  picked out Stockley who nodded past Brad Collins.

Liverpool loanee Toni Gomes came on for Rovers as they looked for a way back into the tie.

Exeter City sub Reuben Reid almost made it 3-1 when he slipped beyond Mark Roberts, but covering Alex Iacovitti hooked the ball off the line.

Rovers love a late show and they found one with one minute to go. Doidge showed strength in the box to turn and shoot and Laird nodded the ball over the line to draw Rovers level.

The lively Gomes forced Pym into a sprawling parry, but the roof came off in the second minute of four added minutes. Teenage sub Jordan Stevens found that man Doidge, who sent Rovers into dreamland.

Incredibly Exeter hit back. Goalkeeper Brad Collins failed to come for a LIoyd James corner and Stockley struck in the 94th minute.

Frustrated by the last-gasp equaliser, Cooper chucked his water bottle down and his action saw referee Gavin Ward send the Rovers’ boss off.

The high-octane ending saw Iacovitti clear off the line for a second time after Reid played in Taylor.

Forest Green: (3-5-2) B Collins; Bennett, Roberts, Iacovitti; L Collins, Laird, Wishart, Brown (Stevens, 82), James; Doidge, Bugiel (Gomes, 65).

Subs not used: Russell, Randall, Cooper.

Exeter City: Pym; Sweeney, Archibald-Henville (Harley, 55), Moore-Taylor; Wilson (Tillson, 65), Taylor, Boateng, James, Moxey; McAlinden (Reid, 78), Stockley.

Subs not used: Woodman, Hamon, Jay, Edwards.

Attendance: 2,250

Away fans: 897

Star Man: Dan Wishart

Next up: Checkatrade Trophy, Tuesday, December 5, Swindon Town v Forest Green