Slimbridge claimed an away point in their second game in three days, as they shared the spoils with Yate Town.

After beating Larkhall 4-2 on Thursday, the Swans started confidently with Jenson Mannings clipping a shot wide and the industrious Edjidja Mbunga shooting over after being sent through on goal.

On 15 minutes, a mix up between Sam Turl and Ollie Hall almost gifted Yate a chance, but Hall managed to clear. From the resulting clearance Jamie Martin picked up the ball beating a Yate defender on the right, before cutting in and placing the ball past the advancing Rivers to give the Swans the lead.

Ten minutes later, Martin’s pass to Henry Birkett in the middle resulted in Birkett’s shot sailing over from 25 yards. On the half hour, Dean Tuner was on hand to head away a dangerous cross into the Slimbridge box as Yate tried to find an equaliser.

Yate started the second half brightly, with former Swan Ross Langworthy breaking down the right. His cross was punched clear by Hall under pressure from Anderson who had moved up the pitch, with Yate losing Ben Brokes to injury just before half time.

With 55 minutes gone there was a moment of controversy from the referee. Thomas fed a delightful ball into the box to Mbunga, who appeared to be tripped as he attempted to take a clear shot on goal but no foul was given despite protests from the visiting bench.

Slimbridge had two further glorious chances to kill the game off. Mbunga beat the keeper and two home defenders in the box, rather than shooting from a narrow angle on the byline he dragged the ball back into the box and his fierce shot cannoned off the underside of the bar and was cleared to safety.

Thomas followed up a minute later with a driving shot that was tipped onto the post by Rivers as the game swung from end to end.

Yate punished the Swans for their failure to convert their chances on 77 minutes, with Price picking up the ball 20 yards out and chipping over Hall to equalise.

The home side pressed for a winner in the last 10 minutes, as Slimbridge began to tire in their second game in three days.

With only four games left of the season, the point should be enough to see Slimbridge safe from relegation. Next up is the rearranged derby game at Cinderford Town this evening (Thurs) at the Causeway before the last home match of the current campaign on Saturday when playoff chasing Bideford visit Thornhill Park.