A CONTROVERSIAL trip to Somerset for Slimbridge yielded no reward as they returned from their match against Street empty handed.

Slimbridge were disappointed not to earn any points despite a strong second half performance in a game where a penalty miss and a first half goal from the hosts that should not have stood would have undoubtedly changed the final outcome.

The home side achieved the first shot on goal with David O’Hare firing a weak shot at Eric Edge returning from injury in the visitor’s goal.

Slimbridge’s first real attack saw Jamie Martin running the ball into the home box only to be brought down by Pinchard resulting in the referee awarding the Swans a penalty on 17 minutes. Edji Mbunga saw his tame penalty saved though in what proved to be a turning point the match.

The Swans were defending well until a controversial call on 33 minutes changed the game.

Street's Jamie Short caught the Swans off guard raced towards goal with Pring chasing him down. As Pring drew level, Short barged Pring out of the way drawing a flag from the assistant referee on the touchline, leaving Pring on the floor and Short to slot the ball into Edge’s left hand corner. After consultation the referee overruled the assistant’s flag and awarded the goal.

Early on in the second half the visitors found themselves two goals behind, d Butcher getting the ball inside the 18 yard box firing through the legs of Noakes.

The Swans goal came on 58 minutes, Harper-Emerson’s cross field ball from left to right found Ewen Dunbar who skipped past a home defender to slot the ball into the far left corner of the net.

With 5 minutes remaining Slimbridge pushed men forward looking for an equaliser almost got one, Noakes collected the ball in the crowded box but his shot hit the crossbar.

Steve Murray put the game to bed for Street, firing past Edge.

Slimbridge continue with a busy week of football, the senior side travelling to Melksham on Tuesday in the City Security Services league cup and then home to Paulton Rovers next Saturday.