County League

Little Stoke 1

Frampton United 2

IN a very hard-fought game at Little Stoke, second-placed Frampton United hit back from a goal down to win 2-1.

Boss Mat Blythe said: "It was a very hard fought away win against an in-form Little Stoke. We struggled in the first half going up the hill and eventually went a goal down. The second-half saw us create two or three really good chances and we created some good pressure. Ryan Vincent scored a great free-kick and an Adam Bloomfield cross saw their defender deflect it into his own net to give us the points."

Earlier, Little Stoke went close on seven minutes, Russ Church fizzing wide.

On 15 minutes it was Frampton who had a good chance when Manolo Espada found Sean Lawson on the right to cut in and smash the ball into the side netting.

Frampton missed a great chance to go ahead on 21 minutes. Josh Beadle's cross into the six-yard box was hooked over the bar by Ryan Vincent from four yards.

The home side had another good chance on 37 minutes from a free-kick on the edge of the box, but Jordan Yeo’s shot went high over the bar.

On 42 minutes a good move down the left by Frampton saw Lawson send a cross behind the home defence, but it went unchallenged and drifted out at the far post.

Just when it looked like a goalless first-half, Little Stoke had a corner on the left sent over by Jordan Yeo and centre- back Luke Sperring headed the ball in.

Frampton had the slight advantage of the wind in the second-half and how Vincent missed in the 49th minute when he tried to chip the ball over the keeper is a mystery.

Then, a minute later it was Josh Beadle's turn to miss the target. The visitors drew level on 59 minutes a superb free- kick from the edge of the box was curled in at the far side of the goal by Ryan Vincent.

Stoke went up the other end from the kick-off and had to watch a superb header from Ethan Tucker hooked off the line by Liam O’Neil.

Frampton keeper Steve Sparrow saved well from Jordan Yeo's low shot. Then, substitute Luke Meacham saw his goal bound effort pushed away by Sparrow for a corner.

At the other end, Lawson played the ball wide to Beadle who played it back inside to Fraser Wilson, but his shot was well saved by home keeper Ollie Jones.

Stoke were unlucky to fall behind in the 86th minute as substitute Adam Bloomfield sent in a low cross from the right and in his attempt to clear Sperring knocked the ball past his own keeper.