Rookie Forest Green striker Junior Mondal scored his first  goal on his full league debut since his January move from non-league Whitby Town. Christian Doidge added a second and captain Lee Collins grabbed a third after the break as Mark Cooper’s side got their automatic promotion ambitions back on track.

Earlier, Mark Cooper tinkered with his side's formation following the defeat against Swindon Town on Tuesday night - starting with a 4-2-3-1 formation.

Club captain Collins was afforded his first start of the season. Mondal made his full debut since his move in January.

Rovers were dealt a pre-match blow with Liam Shephard missing out after picking up a knock at Swindon – Carl Winchester taking his place at right-back. Midfielder LIoyd James dropped to the bench along with Nathan McGinley.

Stroud-born goalkeeper Stuart Nelson missed out for Yeovil after clocking up his 500th league appearance last weekend.

Having lost their last five league games, Yeovil are flirting dangerously with relegation, but on an unforgiving surface they more than matched play-off chasing Rovers.

However, it was Rovers who came closest to laying the first glove on the Glovers. George Williams drove into the box but Bevis Mugabi slid in to spare Yeovil’s blushes with a last-ditch tackle.

Any nerves were settled on 22 minutes. Reece Brown and Digby combined for the ball to drop to Mondal, who stabbed beyond Nathan Baxter.

Rovers were cooking on gas and made it two just 10 minutes later. Yeovil yielded and Doidge flicked in at the near post from Williams’ pin-point corner.

As the first-half clocked ticked, Williams drove at the retreating Yeovil defence, but Baxter stood firm as his howitzer hit the relieved keeper on the chest.

On the cusp of the break, Yeovil sparked into life. The under-employed Lewis Ward had to be on his mettle to tip over an Alex Dobre fizzer. The Glovers came a smidge closer when Jake Gray rattled the bar after Francois Zoko saw his shot parried by Ward.

Rovers put the game to bed on 58 minutes – Collins smashing home in the box from a Williams corner.

It was all Williams and he was shouting for a penalty when his hit was handled  by Carl Dickinson.

Williams was Rovers' standout performer and his industry should have been rewarded with a goal as he spanked the bar with a stunning free-kick and then forced Baxter into a sprawling save.

Doidge had a late goal ruled out for offside as Rovers completed a routine victory.

Rovers jump up two places to fifth.