YATE Town boss Paul Britton is bracing himself for a 'massive' week which will see the Bluebells play three times.

Britton's men host AFC Totton this weekend before they travel to struggling Fleet Town for their game in hand.

After that, Yate host Slimbridge in a local derby.

Yate could go top of the Evo-Stik Southern League Division One South if they win their next two and Britton is relishing a crucial week for the club and wants his side to continue proving doubters wrong.

"It’s exciting," said Britton.

"I don’t think many people expected us to be where we are, we’ve proved a lot of people wrong so long may that continue.

“Totton is a really difficult game and then we have the game in hand against Fleet so it’s a massive week ahead.

“We treat every game as the most important one."

Yate go into the Totton game on good form.

They've won four in a row and lost just one of their last 12 league games.

Their most recent victory was a 4-1 win over Highworth Town which saw Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist bag a hat-trick to make it five goals in two games.

Britton felt the Bristol Rovers loanee should have completed his hat-trick a lot earlier than he did but has been delighted with his how he's been playing.

“He should have had a hat-trick in the first quarter of an hour.," added Britton.

“I think it’s helped that we’ve had him last year and that he’s been with a couple of National League South clubs.

“He’s got great ability but maybe it's his strength of character that needs a bit of help.

“But it’s good that he’s playing with a smile on his face so it’s about playing regular football and seeing where it takes him but he’s doing great."

Yate were dealt a blow on the morning before the match when keeper Aaron Sainsbury pulled out with an injury but Britton was pleased with how they reacted and performed on the day.

“It was a good win but we faced a bit of adversity to get it," he said.

"We never had a keeper as he was injured and we had to put an outfield player Josh Cann in.

“We started brightly but allowed them to get on top in the first half but we were pleased with how we went about it in the second half."