Cirencester 26 Dursley 36

With the mercury rising, Dursley travelled to their happy hunting ground of Cirencester returning with a bonus point win and extending their winning run to eight games against the home side, writes Ian Perrett.

Earlier, Dursley found themselves on the back-foot inside six minutes after the home side worked the ball across the pitch to score the two points were added for 7-0.

Dursley then began to work as a unit pressing home their superior forward presence in the breakdown and at the scrum. On 18 minutes the visitors pulled level when off the top of a lineout strong running from Caddick and Cole saw Caddick cross for the try, Boucher added the two points. Dursley took the lead eight minutes later when the ball was taken into a rolling maul off the top of a lineout, allowing the forwards to push Cowley over the line for 7-12, Boucher missing the two points. Dursley extended their lead on the half hour when some excellent teamwork saw Lennard dart over between the post Boucher made it 7-19. The home side gave the home supports some cheer when on half time some sloppy defending saw a try under the posts for a half time score of 14-19.

A tactical half-time decision by coach Perrett paid instant dividends when Camm scored within 60 seconds of coming on, Boucher narrowly missing the conversion. Cirencester pulled five points back when some woeful defending and missed tacked allowed the winger to cross in the corner for 19-24. Dursley began to exert more pressure on the home side and were rewarded when a fine flowing move saw Smith produce a deft cross field kick straight into the hands of Ford who with a quick shimmy cross for five points and 19-29. The visitors were determined to make hard work of the game and gifted Cirencester a try two minutes later once again with missed tackles for the 10 to score under the posts for 26-29. The home sides pack were having all sorts of problems with the Dursley eight finding themselves travelling backwards at the scrum even on their put in. A 22 metre scrum to Dursley saw the ball move down the line for Cole to break through, and from the tackle the forwards recycled the, Pinker passing to the onrushing Kilbey who torpedo like crossed under the post Boucher adding the conversion for a final score of 26-36.