BRISTOL CITY loanee hot-shot Louis Britton maintained his red hot form with a brace to shock National League South Braintree 2-1 as Yate Town made it into the first round of the FA Trophy, writes Sebastian Parker.

Despite going behind after two minutes, Yate were left undaunted and rallied onto a second half comeback with a double from Britton.

A dramatic start saw the Bluebells behind inside 35 seconds. A great sweeping move by Braintree ended up with Banton working the ball around an on-rushing Adam Forster and rolling the ball into an empty net.

Yate should have been level two minutes later. Britton was through on goal, but his shot slammed against the post.

After the helter-skelter start, the game settled down with both teams looking to press where they could but without too much in the way of clear-cut chances

That changed on 28 minutes, though, when there were quickfire opportunities at both ends.

The first fell to Braintree and Akinyemi, which brought a smart stop from Forster to deny him and down the other end Britton fired wide from a good position.

Luke Spokes then did considerably better three minutes later, but was denied by the Iron keeper.

The half ended with Yate on the front foot far more than their hosts and captain Nick Peare fired a low effort inches wide of the target as Braintree managed to hold on to their slender lead at the break.

After the break, Braintree came out stronger and had far more joy with possession but were unable to add to the lead.

Yate were handed a penalty opportunity with 21 minutes to go. Bristol City loanne midfielder Bradley Webb was brought down in the box and Britton  made no mistake from the penalty spot.

And, the comeback was complete when a mistake at the back allowed Britton to run on and confidently slot home.

Yate Town: Forster, Evans, Horton, Peare (c), Lee, Keightley, Kamara, Guest, Britton, Spokes, Webb.

Subs: Twyman, Boulton, Bryant, Mehew.

Next Up: Yate Town return to league action on Saturday at home to Harrow Borough, 3pm.