Dursley RFC 24 North Bristol 15

Dursley completed back-to-back wins with a hard-fought victory over North Bristol who arrived at the ground on the back of a good win over Cirencester the previous week, writes Ian Perrett.

The home side had the best start following a lineout catch and drive from 5 meters which saw Captain Cowley pushed over the line by the entire pack, Boucher missing the difficult conversion. Five minutes later the backs showed a glimpse of what they could do when Cole broke strongly making 20 meters off loaded to Cummings who danced down the wing, deftly passed to Caddick who pumped his legs towards the posts only to be brought down short, and as the visitors piled in off of their feet Boucher stepped up for three points from the resulting penalty. North then found themselves deep into the home sides half following a good break and kick which saw Dursley bundle the ball into touch. The over thrown line out was snaffled up and cleared by Boucher. On twenty-five minutes Boucher extended the score to 11-0 with a well taken penalty form twenty-five metres. The home side were playing attractive running rugby, so it was no surprise when Cole made another trademark break from his twenty-two, when he reached the half-way line it looked as though the number 14 was ready to make a good tackle, unfortunately he became a speed hump as Cole continued forward. Caddick appeared on Coles left to receive the pass. Who in-turn made yards before off-loading to Goodison who found Cummings on the wing for a fine finish in the corner to take the score to 16-0. Dursley gave the visitors hope on half-time when North caught and drove over from a lineout in the corner for a half-time score of 16-5.

The home side replaced Crosswell with 18-year-old Prop Kirby who showed enough to be one to watch over the coming years. Dursleys dominance continued in the second half and some ill-discipline from the visitors saw them reduced to 13 men when two yellow cards were shown in quick succession, Boucher slotted three points from the second penalty award. North pulled three points back following a penalty in front of the posts for offside. With 30 minutes remaining Lennard replaced Pinker and almost instantly made an impact with a show and go from the base of the scrum. A knock on by North five meters from their try line saw the Dursley pack hold the ball at the back and drive over the line for Camm to pick up another try for the season and a score of 24-8. Dursley do like to make the end of games exciting and this week they let North in for a score in the corner with five minutes to go, however the game ended with a well-deserved team performance home win