Cam Bulldogs 2

Berkeley Town 2

THE spoils were shared at the Shed.

The game started with a fast tempo as Cam struggled to find their feet in the game. Berkeley took the lead through a free-kick which was fired in off the inside of the post. The second-half saw a much improved display from the home side, who worked hard and showed great team spirit.

Cam drew level after a great bit of skill from Josh Hemper for Alex Griffith to drill the ball into the back of the net. Cam continued to knock on the door and eventually got themselves in front after a composed Jake Dolbear turned on the edge of his own box and drove forward to put a well-executed through ball into the path of Dave Pinner who calmly finished past the keeper.

Cam were unable to hold out for the win as, in the final minute of injury time, Berkeley snatched an equaliser thanks to some sharp passing in the middle which saw the striker through on goal as he slotted home in the far corner.

Cam Bulldogs are at home again next week as they host Cheltenham Civil Service.

Tetbury Town 2nds 1

Cam Bulldogs 2nds 3

Cam 2nds started the new year with a 3-1 win in the Cup at Tetbury 2nds.

Cam took a bit of time to get back up to speed following the Christmas break but, once settled, the game centred around some below par finishing as Cam failed to convert their chances.

The Mears’ cousins Ollie and Jake along with Joe Knighton saw chances go begging with Cam firmly in the ascendency.

Cam broke the deadlock early in the second-half as George Dolling sliced home a rebounded shot from close range. Cam added further goals from Sam Bevan, who calmly lobbed the keeper when through on goal, and Joe Knighton, who opted to round the keeper when in a similar position, to give Cam a deserved three goal lead. Tetbury scored a consolation late on but Cam comfortably closed out the victory as they progressed to the quarter-finals.

Cam Bulldogs 3rds 4

Cam Everside Wanderers 2

Cam 3rds hosted local rivals Cam Everside in the Bill Bick Cup and came away with bragging rights thanks to a hard-fought victory.

A strong start for the home side was not capitalised upon as the away side’s striker slotted home the first goal of the game. Rob Thomas struck home from close range following a corner to bring the sides level before Joe Gray forced a decent save from the Everside keeper.

The visitors restored their lead soon after before a Marcus Tudor free-kick was tipped onto the bar with Thomas quickest to the rebound as the sides were brought level at the break. A mix up at the back for Everside saw Cam profit from an own goal which gave them a deserved lead before Joe Tocknell and Gray went close as they looked to double their advantage. Cam secured victory towards the end as a deep free-kick was headed across goal by Tom Smith with James Timms heading home from close range to see Cam safely through to the quarter-finals.