Birmingham City youngster Odin Bailey has become Forest Green Rovers ’ third signing of the day after joining on a loan deal until the end of the season.

The 20-year-old attacking midfielder has been on the radar for some time and having gained first-team experience in the Championship this season, is aiming to kick on during his move to The New Lawn.

Bailey can play in the number 10 position or equally as well in the wide roles on either wing and is looking forward to linking up with fellow Birmingham academy product Dom Bernard.

Odin Bailey said: “I’m lucky it has happened and it is the perfect opportunity for me to go out and get games and go and show what I can do.

“I spoke to Dom before I came and he just gave me a heads up on what the lads are like and they have all made me feel welcome.

“It feels like a good place to be around and from training already, you can already see the style of play and I think it will suite me well.

“I’m an attacking midfielder, I like to get the defenders turned, get at people and make things happen and that is what I base my game around.

“I just need to go and do exactly what I do at Birmingham, go and express myself, go and show everybody what I can do and help the team.”

Birmingham-born, Bailey joined the Blues as an under seven player and was capped by England at under 15 level.

He has played most of his football for Richard Beale’s Under 23 side at St Andrews, and already has a taste for Gloucestershire having gone out on loan to Gloucester City last season.

He made 13 appearances in all competitions, scoring twice, in the National League South.

Bailey joined the first team last summer on their pre-season trip to Portugal and made his debut this season in the EFL Cup against Portsmouth, before making his Championship debut two weeks later in a 2-0 win over Barnsley.

His most memorable contribution came in October, when he came off the bench at St Andrews against Middlesbrough and after seeing the visitors equalise late on, went on to score the winner with an 89th-minute header, watched on by FGR head coach Mark Cooper in the stands.