TWO goals from Lewis Leigh-Gilchrist secured a 2-2 home Evo-Stik Southern, West draw for Yate Town against Cinderford Town on Tuesday to continue their remarkable run of success during November.

The Bluebells have taken nine points from 15 during the month, having beaten Swindon Supermarine 2-0 and secured a 5-1 victory away at Slimbridge last Wednesday evening, which included a hat-trick from striker Ben Brooks, along with an away draw with Evesham United on November 4, a 1-1 draw with Winchester City last Saturday and now the point taken off Cinderford.

The run has taken the Bluebells from the bottom end of the table to 13th and they should be favourites to complete a wonderful month with two back-to-back victories away at basement side Bishops Cleeve on Saturday, and a home date with 18th placed Paulton Rovers on Tuesday.

Leigh-Gilchrist, on-loan from Bristol Rovers, grabbed a 27th minute goal with an excellent turn and strike that put Yate 1-0 up against Cinderford as they went into the break.

Goalkeeper Harvey Rivers, who had made a tremendous save earlier in the game, unfortunately suffered an own goal on 47 minutes to draw Cinderford level but Leigh-Gilchrist did it again five minutes later to fire Yate back into the lead.

Cinderford levelled again when Craig Norman fired home in the dying minutes, and another brilliant save from Rivers denied the visitors the winning goal to continue the unbeaten run.

Last Saturday, Leigh-Gilchrist scored just before half-time in the 1-1 draw with Winchester City at Lodge Road.

But the big win was at Slimbridge eight days ago when the teams went in at 1-1, with Brooks scoring on the 24th minute and Swans striker Marley Thomas, who suffered a bad ligament injury in last Saturday’s clash with Swindon Supermarine, firing to level.

However, after the break, the Bluebells went on the charge with Mayson Evans putting them 2-1 ahead on 55 minutes before two strikes inside nine minutes from Brooks to complete his hat-trick and a final contribution from Stephen Davies two minutes from time saw the Bluebells triumph.